Skip to main content

Building record MDR10871 - Rookery House, Smithy Lane, Parwich

Type and Period (5)

  • (Stuart to 21st Century - 1700 AD? to 2050 AD)
  • (Former Type) (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD? to 1900 AD?)
  • (Former Type) (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD? to 1900 AD?)
  • (Former Type) (Stuart to Victorian - 1700 AD? to 1900 AD?)
  • (Victorian to 21st Century - 1900 AD? to 2050 AD)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

Rookery House is a long, low building of local rubble stone rendered over in front. It consists of two linked buildings, one originally a cottage, the other a pony stable and trap house. The southern end contains an upper cruck truss made from re-used full crucks, and an associated timber cross wall. It is thought to have been built around 1700 as grooms quarters. The northern end of the house, containing the stable and trap house for the Hall, was built separately, probably in the early 19th century. (1).

Sources/Archives (1)

  • <1> Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 233, 9th June 1999.



Grid reference Centred SK 18578 54615 (14m by 27m)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (1)

  • EDR2216

Please contact the HER for details.

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Aug 7 2007 4:11PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.