Building record MDR10874 - 39 Tamworth Street, Duffield
Type and Period (1)
- TERRACE (Stuart to Victorian - 1700 AD to 1900 AD)
- World Heritage Site Buffer Zone
SK 34331 43476. This dwelling consists of two cottages out of a row, now combined as one. The cottages south of it were demolished in 1959. The house is close to the bridge over the River Ecclesbourne. It stands one and a half storeys high, with brick walls on a stone plinth along its front; the whole is pebble dashed. The house may have been built with timber walls on a stone plinth, but there is no conclusive evidence for this. The end walls were probably always stone, to support the chimneys. It is suggested that the row of cottages may have been built for servants of Tamworth Hall in about 1690-1720. The house was formerly thatched, but this was removed in 1956. (1)
- <1> SDR19784 Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 236, 21st September 1999.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3433 4347 (7m by 11m)|
|Civil Parish||DUFFIELD, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM