This house, built of brick rendered with roughcast, is of two storeys with attics, and stands in the remains of once extensive grounds. It faces south, and to the west are outbuildings that once probably included a stable yard, now converted for business use. Built about 1800, the core of the house seems to be the two front rooms with central passage, and one room east of it, of two storeys but without the bow windows; the service rooms were probably further west. Major improvements were made in about 1830, and at some stage the house was divided into two dwellings. In the 1990s the western half was adapted for offices, the older eastern part being kept as a family home. (1)
A house, built in c. 1800 and altered in c. 1830. The house is faced in render beneath a gabled slate roof. The front elevation is two storeys tall. The first floor features a small fixed light window with a hood mould, flanked by vertical sashes with glazing bars and similar hood moulds. To the left is a set back wing containing a vertical sash with glazing bars. In the late nineteenth century this was the home of William Henry Willatt, a lace manufacturer. (2)
Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 242, November 1999.
*Internet Web Site: Erewash Borough Council. List of buildings of local interest. www.erewash.gov.uk. LL/625.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 44504 33096 (38m by 16m)
DRAYCOTT AND CHURCH WILNE, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 14 2013 2:31PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.