(Stuart to Georgian - 1700 AD? to 1800 AD?)
Loading documents & images
The house is built of brick on a stone plinth and is cement rendered throughout; it is of two storeys with a cellar under the northern end of the house. The eavesline and roof are lower at the southern end than the north, suggesting that it has probably been built in two stages. The southern half was probably built with three rooms in a line, but appears to have had no original chimney. It is suggested that it began as a farm building and was developed as the men's end, finally becoming part of the farmhouse. The northern half has a wholly conventional plan of two rooms on each storey with a staircase between; it probably began to be built about 1700 and went on into the 19th century. As we see it today, the house dates from the late 18th century. (1)
Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 244, 8th March 2000.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 28963 32271 (20m by 17m)
BURNASTON, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 1 2011 2:28PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.