Skip to main content

Building record MDR10891 - The Grange, Willington

Type and Period (1)

  • (Victorian to Edwardian - 1890 AD? to 1910 AD?)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

The earliest known mention of The Grange is in the Inquisition Post Mortem of Sir John Harpur who died in 1622, and the deeds to the present Grange contain an abstract of title going back to 1869. However the present Grange is a two-storey brick house probably built between 1890 and 1910, with no obvious earlier features. It is probable that The Shrubbery is the 'grange' referred to in 1869, and the 17th century building may lie within this property. (1)

Sources/Archives (1)

  • <1> Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 255, 13th October 2001.



Grid reference Centred SK 29817 28145 (22m by 10m)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (1)

  • EDR2242

Please contact the HER for details.

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Nov 16 2020 9:41AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.