(Former Type) (Elizabethan to Stuart - 1600 AD? to 1640 AD?)
Loading documents & images
No. 9 is a single-cell cottage with a fine inglenook and a stone-framed fireplace within. It stands right up to the street facing northwest and has painted brick walls and a slate roof. It was probably built between 1600 and 1640, timber framed with square wall-panels filled with wattle and daub, and a timber firehood over the inglenook. Nos 7-11 were probably built as a three cell farmhouse, with No. 9 the living room. It may have ceased to be a farmhouse at the time of Enclosure in 1781 when a new farmhouse was perhaps built out in the fields, and the old farmhouse was divided into cottages. The cottages were walled in brick in the early 19th century. (1)
Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 263, 15th October 2002.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 30804 30406 (20m by 19m)
FINDERN, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 12 2016 2:29PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.