Building record MDR10906 - Parish Rooms, Lower Green, Findern
Type and Period (2)
- HOUSE (Former Type) (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- PARISH HALL (Victorian - 1895 AD to 1895 AD)
- None recorded
The Parish Room stands opposite the Church facing onto the Lower Green. On the north side buildings have been cleared to leave an empty site; the village school stood on the south side until its demolition in 1924. The building is rendered throughout with roughcast, but appears to be of brick. This building was two cottages until 1895 when bought by Findern Parish Council for conversion to Parish Rooms. It is not known when the cottages were built. Both were of two-storeys, the southern being the larger. The larger southern room has been used for meetings, and the northern room for storage. (1)
- <1> SDR19784 Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 268, 29th June 2003.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 30874 30422 (10m by 11m)|
|Civil Parish||FINDERN, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 12 2016 2:29PM