Manor Farm must be one of the finest and best-built farmhouses of its size, age and class in the district. It seems to have two main phases of construction. The front part and the right hand gabled projection at the rear are part of the original house, T-shaped on plan, perhaps of c. 1780. The left hand rear gable and the single storey leanto across the back of the house are an addition, apparently all built at once, of perhaps c. 1810-1820, replacing the earlier service wing. The farm was sold off by the Catton Estate in 1930, and after it had stood empty was bought in 1984 and sensitively restored. (1)
Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 272, 15th January 2004.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 24505 15055 (17m by 18m)
COTON IN THE ELMS, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 4 2014 5:53PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.