Building record MDR10925 - Methodist Church, Chapel Lane, Church Broughton
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Georgian - 1828 AD to 1828 AD)
- None recorded
There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. (1) The Primitive Methodists have a small chapel in the village that was built in 1828. (2) Small chapel of 1828 with arched Georgian windows. (3) The Primitive Methodist Chapel in Church Broughton is built of brick, and has its original splayed door-lintel dated 1828 reset into a later west porch. The chapel has round-arched windows with cast-iron frames. (4) It is still in use as a place of worship and is now known as Church Broughton Methodist Chapel . (5-6)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 340.
- <3> SDR18918 Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 10(b).1, with photo.
- <4> SDR13425 Bibliographic reference: RCHME (Royal Commission on the Historic Monuments of England). 1986. An Inventory of Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting-houses in Central England - Derbyshire extract. p 42.
- <5> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <6> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 30/09/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 20616 33712 (10m by 6m)|
|Civil Parish||CHURCH BROUGHTON, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 30 2011 5:05PM