(Georgian to Victorian - 1795 AD? to 1900 AD?)
(Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD? to 1900 AD)
Loading documents & images
From the north a steep ramp descends above a drystone retaining wall, from the east side of the Peak Forest Tramway trackbed to the floor of Barmoor Clough. At its foot are two substantial stone built storage pens, extending the depth of the embankment. These were intended to receive coal for the Barytes Works smelters, discharged from wagons placed on a short siding to the east of the Peak Forest Tramway main lines. The ramp allowed access to the sidings and Peak Forest Tramway from the works level down in the clough. Built by 1847, with some rebuilding. (1)
Unpublished document: Duckworth, S, Jessop, O and A Badcock (ARCUS). 2006. Conservation Management Plan, Peak Forest Tramway, Derbyshire. Feature No. 31d.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 07242 79787 (7m by 12m)
CHAPEL EN LE FRITH, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 14 2011 11:12AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.