(Georgian to Victorian - 1798 AD? to 1900 AD)
Loading documents & images
The longest of the three upper Dove Holes Dale quarry faces, progressively worked westwards but stopping short of the Bull Ring Henge Monument immediately to the north. The limekilns formerly operating here have been obliterated by spoil dumping from this and other quarries via Samuel Bibbington's Tramway, which runs into Quarry 9 further down the dale. Quarry 9 was begun probably in the late 1790s, and was still active and showed development between 1879 and 1898, as indicated on OS maps. (1)
Unpublished document: Duckworth, S, Jessop, O and A Badcock (ARCUS). 2006. Conservation Management Plan, Peak Forest Tramway, Derbyshire. Feature No. 110.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 07928 78100 (190m by 364m)
CHAPEL EN LE FRITH, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 23 2013 4:42PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.