Monument record MDR11054 - Road bridge, Station Road, Brimington
Type and Period (1)
- ROAD BRIDGE (Victorian to Edwardian - 1880 AD? to 1910 AD?)
- None recorded
Sheepbridge and Whittington Moor Station is the only surviving station on the line of the former GCR Chesterfield loop of 1892, now incorporated into a scrap yard [see SMR 2512]. The adjacent railway bridge carried Station Road, Brimington, over the line of the railway. The bed of the railway is now partly converted into a cycle path. (1) Bridge, station and railway line not on 1st edition OS 6"; shown on 2nd and 3rd editions. Railway line now dismantled. (2, 3, 4)
- <1> SDR19367 Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D. 2000. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology. Part V. North East Derbyshire. pp. 14-5.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
|Grid reference||Centred SK 39181 73673 (32m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||BRIMINGTON, CHESTERFIELD, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 27 2017 3:04PM