Monument record MDR11080 - Road-over-railway bridge, Lowgates, Staveley
Type and Period (1)
- ROAD BRIDGE (Victorian to Edwardian - 1880 AD? to 1910 AD?)
- None recorded
Railway Bridge. Blue brick railway bridge taking the A619 Worksop road over the line of the now-infilled GCR main line adjacent to the site of Staveley GCR station. (1) Bridge and railway line not shown on 1st edition OS 25" map of c. 1880; shown on 2nd and 3rd editions (c. 1900 and early 20th century respectively). (2-5)
- <1> SDR19367 Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D. 2000. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology. Part V. North East Derbyshire. p 22.
- <2> SDR19683 Personal Observation: Brown, J. Observation based on personal experience, map evidence, site visit etc..
- <3> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <5> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
|Grid reference||Centred SK 43663 74901 (57m by 14m)|
|Civil Parish||STAVELEY, CHESTERFIELD, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 14 2017 11:18AM