Monument record MDR11207 - Coal pits (site of), 400m south of Brookhill Hall, Pinxton
Type and Period (2)
- MINE SHAFT (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1850 AD)
- COLLIERY (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1850 AD)
- None recorded
A 'Pit' is named on Sanderson's map of 1835. (1) Late 19th and early 20th century OS maps show two 'Old Coal Shafts'. (2-4) The site now lies under the M1.
- <1> SDR18634 Map: Sanderson, G. 1835. Twenty Miles round Mansfield.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXVI.13.
- <3> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXVI.13, 1900.
- <4> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile). XXXVI.13.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 46175 55663 (133m by 78m)|
|Civil Parish||PINXTON, BOLSOVER, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 8 2017 10:44AM