Building record MDR11241 - Former smithy, 1 Park Lane/361 Duffield Road, Allestree
Type and Period (1)
- BLACKSMITHS WORKSHOP (Former Type) (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Smithy is shown and labelled on the 1st ed. (c.1880), 2nd ed. (c.1900) and 3rd ed. (c.1920) OS 25" maps. (1-3) Modern (2007) mapping suggests that the smithy may be incorporated within the present houses on the site. (4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR19683 Personal Observation: Brown, J. Observation based on personal experience, map evidence, site visit etc..
|Grid reference||Centred SK 35068 39891 (17m by 14m)|
|Civil Parish||DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 1 2016 11:22AM