Monument record MDR11244 - Ilkeston Branch Railway (route of), Ilkeston
Type and Period (1)
(Victorian to Mid 20th Century - 1847 AD to 1964 AD)
Loading documents & images
Ilkeston Branch Railway. A branch line connecting the Midland Railway in the Erewash Valley with the centre of Ilkeston opened in 1847, the station being near the bottom of Bath Street. It closed in 1870 through lack of use, but was reopened in 1879. The passenger service continued until 1947, with freight lasting until 1964. (1)
The site of the station was built over by a bus depot, but now lies under the relief road. (2)
Bibliographic reference: Gammell, C J. 1980. LMS Branch Lines.
Unpublished document: Stroud, G. 2003. Extensive Urban Survey: Ilkeston. Archaeological Assessment Report. Component 27B, p 18.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 47268 42624 (987m by 463m)
ILKESTON, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 30 2017 3:22PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.