Monument record MDR11258 - Site of building c. 200m south-east of Ravenscliff, Kniveton

Type and Period (1)

  • (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

An L-shaped building within an enclosure is depicted on late 19th century OS maps. It is not named and its function is unknown. (1, 2) The building has been demolished, but stone walls could be identified just below the ground surface during a field visit in June 2007. (3)

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <1> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Sheet XXXVIII.10.
  • <2> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Sheet XXXVIII.10, 1900.
  • <3> Personal Observation: Stroud, G. Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc.. Field visit, June 20 2007.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 19359 50097 (32m by 33m)
Civil Parish KNIVETON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Feb 7 2011 4:30PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.