Stables and service buildings to former Darley Hall. Brick-built service buildings to Darley Hall, originally built c.1727, and extended in the 1760s by Joseph Pickford of Derby. L-shaped range of stable buildings and carriage stores, with grooms' accommodation over. Earliest phase is of brick on a chamfered stone plinth with stone quoins. Shallow segmental brick arched lintels and small-paned casements (some original Yorkshire sliding sashes), those to the east gable/elevation have been enlarged. The range to the east was originally attached to the house. The stable buildings are earlier. (1)
The buildings form a group with 1 & 2 Abbey Yard [SMR32865] and 3-5 Abbey Yard [SMR32866]. (2)
Unpublished document: Morris, M (Mel Morris Conservation). 2004. Study to Identify Candidate Buildings for Grant Assistance and a Review of Conservation Area Boundaries, Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site. Gazetteer: 14-030.
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. NHLE No. 1067825.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 35141 38295 (35m by 44m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
World Heritage Site
Derwent Valley Mills
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 22 2021 12:10PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.