Gordon Road, former St Joseph's Schools and Presbytery. Built simultaneously with St Maksymilian Kolbe by the same architect, James Hart of Corby. They form a significant group flanking the church. (1)
Gothic style red brick group of buildings, designed by James Hart and built in 1896-1897. Pointed arch windows, stone dressings, slate covered roofs with gable parapets topped with stone copings. The schools and presbytery were built at the same time as the adjacent Roman Catholic Church of St. Joseph (re-dedicated in 1984 to St. Maksijmilian Koble) [SMR 32711]. (2)
Unpublished document: 2007. 'Derby Civic Society Suggested Local List Additions', Derby Civic Society Newsletter. No. 85, pp 15-26. p 18.
Bibliographic reference: Derby City Council. 2010. City of Derby Local List. p 17.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 34902 35057 (31m by 24m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 20 2013 10:23AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.