Building record MDR11400 - 16-18 Grafton Street, Derby
Type and Period (1)
(Early 20th Century to Edwardian - 1901 AD to 1908 AD)
Loading documents & images
Grafton Street, Nos 16-18. Pair of semi-detached villas of brick with some harled panels designed by E W Pedley (partner of T H Thorpe) for himself, No. 16 being his own house and the other for renting out. Completed by 1908. (1)
Edwardian two storey semi-detached pair of villas, brick with parapet gables facing the road, with full height rectangular bays. There are geometrical projecting brick details and large semi-circular arches over the entrance porches, as well as stained glass side lights to the entrance doors. The original windows at the front of No. 16 were replaced by casement windows in the 1970s. The villas were designed by E W Pedley (the partner of T H Thorpe) for himself and completed by 1908; No. 16 was occupied by him and the other was rented out. (2)
Unpublished document: 2007. 'Derby Civic Society Suggested Local List Additions', Derby Civic Society Newsletter. No. 85, pp 15-26. p 19.
Bibliographic reference: Derby City Council. 2010. City of Derby Local List.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 34066 34617 (17m by 17m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 10 2015 12:06PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.