Highfield Road, No. 20, The Deanery. Built as St Anne's Vicarage c.1906 (inhabited by 1908, according to Kelly's Directory) and designed by Percy Heylin Currey in the same sort of classical idiom as Lutyen's Easton House at Repton; brick, two storeys, hipped roofs, moulded quoins etc. Post-war became the house for the Provost of Derby Cathedral; since 2001 called The Deanery. Very little altered. (1)
Brick detached two storey dwelling house with a mix of classical and Arts & crafts features. Multi-paned sliding sash windows, symmetrical projecting wings with sprocketed steeply pitched hipped roofs, semi-circular stone hood on brackets over the doorway, and brick quoins. Full height canted bay on eastern elevation. It was built as St. Anne’s vicarage in circa 1906 to the designs of important local architect P.H. Curry. Similar architectural idiom as Lutyen’s Easton House in Repton. (2)
Unpublished document: 2007. 'Derby Civic Society Suggested Local List Additions', Derby Civic Society Newsletter. No. 85, pp 15-26. p 19.
Bibliographic reference: Derby City Council. 2010. City of Derby Local List. p 42.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 34647 37282 (17m by 19m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 9 2017 12:00PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.