London Road, Nos 85-87. Two brick houses of 1834, designed and built by Edwin Thompson for Miss Middleton. These houses were his first commission after coming to Derby from Rocester. Until the 1930s the house nearer the pub was the dental surgery of the Murphy family, through three or four generations. Shops were built out over the gardens c.1890s. (1)
Unpublished document: 2007. 'Derby Civic Society Suggested Local List Additions', Derby Civic Society Newsletter. No. 85, pp 15-26. p 21.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 35679 35696 (19m by 22m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 1 2017 11:13AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.