Normanton Road, New Normanton, Congregational Chapel. Large chapel in brick with stone dressings and onion-domed tower. Built 1886-7 for the Congregationalists of Rose Hill, to designs by John Edward Smith (1835-89), a son of William Smith who designed North Parade. (1)
Late 19th century Arts and Crafts brick built church with large hall attached. Elaborate shaped brick dressings. Imposing tower on corner with dome and weathervane. Built between 1886-1887 for the Congregationalists of Rose Hill to the designs of John Edward Smith (1835-1889), a son of William Smith, who designed the grade II listed terraced houses on North Parade. (2)
Unpublished document: 2007. 'Derby Civic Society Suggested Local List Additions', Derby Civic Society Newsletter. No. 85, pp 15-26. p 22.
Bibliographic reference: Derby City Council. 2010. City of Derby Local List. p 24-5.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 35231 34904 (26m by 22m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 26 2013 11:59AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.