Green Lane, Trinity Baptist Chapel by Lawrence Bright of Nottingham. It was built in 1879 for the Independent Baptists to re-house the congregation of the particular Baptist Chapel, Agard Street, demolished 1876 to make way for the Great Northern Railway extension. It is still in use. (1)
Baptist Chapel with decorated façade, including double storey windows with semi-circular arches with tracery and a central projecting bay with a triangular pediment, with stone dressings and ball finials. Built in 1897 for the Independent Baptists to re-house the congregation of the Particular Baptist’s Chapel which was demolished in 1876. The Particular Baptists were the first to build their own chapel in Derby. (2)
Article in serial: Billson, P and Craven, M. 2007. 'Green Hill & St Peter's. A draft for a suggested conservation area', Derby Civic Society Newsletter. No. 85, pp 30-35. p 32.
Bibliographic reference: Derby City Council. 2010. City of Derby Local List. p 18.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 35199 35813 (24m by 15m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 3 2017 11:38AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.