Building record MDR11460 - Formerly Parker's House, 11-15 Friar Gate, Derby

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

An 18th century drawing of "Mrs Parker's House, Friar Gate" of c.1713 appears in Glover's History of Derby of 1829-31, where it is suggested that it had been " taken down some years ago". Here the author argues that the fa├žade only of the building was removed, and it was refronted in 1806, and that within 11-15 Friar Gate is a late medieval or early Tudor building. Now used as shops. (1)

Sources/Archives (1)

  • <1> Article in serial: Craven, M. 2005/2006. 'Parker's House, Friar Gate', Derby Civic Society Newsletter. No.83, pp 36-40, photographs.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 34856 36360 (27m by 26m)
Civil Parish DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Dec 1 2021 9:37AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.