Both Matlock Railway Station and the nearby station house were designed by J Paxton in 1850. (1)
Station Master's house at Matlock Station. Built in c. 1850, with 20th century alterations and additions. Attributed to Sir Joseph Paxton, for The Midland Railway Company. The house is of regularly coursed squared gritstone blocks with ashlar dressings, some painted, and ashlar chimney stacks, one to the east gable, the other to the west side wall. The house forms part of the station complex developed by the Midland Railway Company on the route between Derby and Buxton. (2)
Bibliographic reference: 1975. Council of British Archaeology Panel on Industrial Monuments. 6.
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 29680 60199 (15m by 12m)
MATLOCK TOWN, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 30 2021 3:22PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.