The Great Central Railway (GCR) Markham Colliery Branch was authorised in 1889 and opened in 1892, running south-east to the colliery from the GCR Derbyshire Main Line [SMR 99023]. It later incorporated the Lancashire, Derbyshire & East Coast (LD&EC) Railway Markham Colliery Branch, opened in 1897, which ran south-east from the colliery to join the main LD&EC line [SMR 99006]. (1, 2)
Bibliographic reference: Dow, G. 1962. Great Central. Volume II. Dominion of Watkin, 1864-1899. p 235.
Bibliographic reference: Dow, G. 1965. Great Central. Volume III. Fay Sets the Pace, 1900-1922. p 161.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 43714 73775 (2046m by 3940m)
SUTTON CUM DUCKMANTON, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
STAVELEY, CHESTERFIELD, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 10 2019 12:00PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.