Monument record MDR11596 - Bryan's factory (site of), Derby Road, Heanor

Type and Period (2)

  • (Victorian - 1850 AD? to 1890 AD?)
  • (Victorian to Mid 20th Century - 1890 AD? to 1950 AD?)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

Bryan's/King's Workshop/Factory, Derby Road, Heanor. By 1851 John King was a large maker of silk blonde made on twist machines, but during the following decade his premises seem to have been taken over by Walter Bryan. Although Bryan continued making lace until the end of the 1880s, by 1876 it was only part of his business, for he was also a soda water manufacturer and the rates collector. The factory eventually became a laundry. (1)

Sources/Archives (1)

  • <1> Bibliographic reference: Mason, S A. 1994. Nottingham Lace, 1760s-1950s. p 303.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 42602 46184 (62m by 63m)
Civil Parish HEANOR AND LOSCOE, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Nov 16 2017 10:40AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.