Building record MDR1163 - Hollington End Farm, Thorpe
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
Hollington End Farm, Thorpe. Partially extant 19th century farmstead. The farmstead is formed of a loose courtyard with one side of the yard formed of agricultural buildings and additional detached elements to the main plan. The farmhouse is set away from the yard. The site is in an isolated location. Large modern sheds are located to the side of the site, suggesting it may remain in agricultural use. There has been a partial loss (less than 50%) of traditional buildings. (1) (2) (3) (4) Hollington End Farm is referred to as a farm in 1654. (5) The building is in a good situation and is surrounded by ridge and furrow. The present farm is on the parish boundary and looks to be 17th to 19th century from the outside. (6)
- <1> SDR23696 Digital data: Historic England. 2016. Peak District National Park Historic Farmsteads Project: Digital Dataset.
- <2> SDR23697 Unpublished document: Historic England. 2016. Peak District National Park Historic Farmsteads Project: Character Statements.
- <3> SDR23698 Unpublished document: Historic England. 2016. Peak District National Park Historic Farmsteads Project: Project Report.
- <4> SDR23699 Unpublished document: Historic England. 2016. Peak District National Park Historic Farmsteads Project: Design Guidance.
- <5> SDR9965 Index: NDAT. 2206. 2206.
- <6> SDR13112 Bibliographic reference: Cameron, K. 1959. 'The Place-Names of Derbyshire, Part II', English Place-Name Society.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1653 5141 (70m by 70m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||THORPE, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 20 2016 3:33PM