Monument record MDR11732 - Ridge and furrow, east of Sandpit Wood and Meynell Gorse, Meynell Langley
Type and Period (2)
- RIDGE AND FURROW (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- MARL PIT ? (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Ridge and furrow visible on aerial photographs taken in 1971 and 1973 in two adjacent fields. The northenmost field also contains at least three relatively large pits - possibly former marl pits? (1, 2) At least some of the ridge and furrow survives, as do the pits. (3)
- <1> SDR1229 Aerial Photograph: 1971. Fairey Surveys 1:12000. AP_12_164.
- <2> SDR20663 Aerial Photograph: 1966-1975. Derbyshire aerial photographs (incomplete series), scale 1:2500, acquired from RCHME. AP 73 478/033.
- <3> SDR19557 Personal Observation: Stroud, G. Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc.. Site visit, 01/12/2008.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2911 3923 (363m by 493m)|
|Civil Parish||KIRK LANGLEY, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 14 2017 2:21PM