Monument record MDR11746 - Lead Mining Remains, Willersley Cottage, Cromford
Type and Period (2)
- LEAD MINE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- MINE SHAFT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- Registered Park or Garden (II) 1001459: Willersley Castle
- World Heritage Site
An irregular area of earthworks identified during survey in 2008, measuring 8m by 10m, within a pasture field south-east of Willersley Cottage that is pitted with mining and associated spoil heaps. (1) Although old shafts are shown nearby on a late 19th century OS map, none are shown within this field. (2)
- <1> SDR20660 Unpublished document: Jurecki, K (ARCUS). 2008. Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site Landscape Project: Cromford and Belper Survey Transects. Level 1 Survey.. C1/6.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXIV-7.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3002 5741 (128m by 158m)|
|Civil Parish||CROMFORD, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
|World Heritage Site||Derwent Valley Mills|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM