Monument record MDR11777 - Primitive Methodist Chapel (site of), Main Street, Shirebrook
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1849 AD to 1849 AD)
- None recorded
The 1st ed. 25" OS map c. 1880 shows a small Primitive Methodist Chapel next to the Holy Trinity Church in Shirebrook. (1) The Primitive Methodists have a small chapel in the village [Shirebrook], built in 1849, at a cost of £105. (2) By the time of the 2nd edition OS map c. 1900 the chapel appears to have gone out of use and another, larger Primitive Methodist Chapel is marked on Simpson's Lane (see SMR 12547). (3) Examination of modern maps shows that the building has been demolished . (4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 100.
- <3> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXVI - 16, 1898.
- <4> SDR20716 Personal Observation: Shakarian, J (ARS). Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
|Grid reference||Centred SK 5255 6754 (23m by 16m)|
|Civil Parish||SHIREBROOK, BOLSOVER, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 7 2018 12:09PM