Monument record MDR11778 - Primitive Methodist Chapel (site of), Patchwork Row, Shirebrook
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian to Early 20th Century - 1875 AD to 1901 AD)
- None recorded
The 2nd edition OS map c. 1900 shows a Primitive Methodist Chapel on Simpson's Lane (now Patchwork Row). It appears to have superseded a smaller chapel to the south (see SMR 12546). (1-2) There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel at Shirebrook that was erected in 1901. (3) By the time of the 3rd ed. OS map c. 1930 the chapel is being used as a Sunday school, with a new smaller building adjacent being used as the Primitive Methodist Church. (4) Examination of modern maps show that the building has been demolished . (5)
- <1> SDR12131 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1883. OS Six Inch to One Mile, 1st Edition 1883 (Surveyed 1876).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXVI - 16, 1898.
- <3> SDR21041 Bibliographic reference: Kelly, A L (ed.). 1912. Kelly's Directory of Derbyshire. p 396.
- <4> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <5> SDR20716 Personal Observation: Shakarian, J (ARS). Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
|Grid reference||Centred SK 5260 6766 (15m by 17m)|
|Civil Parish||SHIREBROOK, BOLSOVER, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 7 2018 12:09PM