Building record MDR11796 - Baptist Chapel and Sunday school, Gunhills Lane, Windley
Type and Period (2)
- BAPTIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1846 AD to 1846 AD)
- SUNDAY SCHOOL (Victorian - 1855 AD to 1855 AD)
- None recorded
The 1st ed. OS map c.1880 shows a Baptist Chapel with an adjacent Sunday school on Gunhills Lane, Windley. (1) The chapel and school were in use throughout the 20th century and examination of modern maps indicate that the chapel is now a private residence, 'Rose Cottage', and the Sunday school is still in use as a chapel. (2, 3, 4) The Baptists have a chapel and Sunday school here [in Windley], built in 1846 and 1855 respectively. (5)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XLIV - 7, 1900.
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR20716 Personal Observation: Shakarian, J (ARS). Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
- <4> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 654.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3072 4497 (22m by 19m)|
|Civil Parish||WINDLEY, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 1 2011 3:46PM