Building record MDR11805 - Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Cross Street, Long Eaton
Type and Period (1)
- WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1882 AD? to 1882 AD?)
- None recorded
The 2nd ed. 25" Os map c. 1900 shows a new Wesleyan Methodist Chapel next to the earlier one [see SMR 28413] shown on the 1st ed. OS map c. 1880. (1) The Wesleyan Methodist Chapel at Kirk Field, built in 1882, will accommodate 700. (2) Examination of modern maps show that the building is now the Trinity Methodist Church. The chapel was offically opened in 1882 and the premises enlarged in 1899 with the installation of an organ. In 1960 it opened as the Trinity Methodist Chapel and in 2002 it was demolished to make way for a the new church that stands in its place. (3, 4)
- <1> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). LVI - 3, 1901.
- <2> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 556.
- <3> SDR20716 Personal Observation: Shakarian, J (ARS). Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
- <4> SDR20721 Archive: Derbyshire Local Studies. Summary information in parish file. Long Eaton, D6725.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 4938 3356 (27m by 22m)|
|Civil Parish||LONG EATON, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 5 2017 4:46PM