Building record MDR11817 - New Connexion Methodist Chapel and Sunday school, Wilne Lane, Great Wilne
Type and Period (2)
- METHODIST NEW CONNEXION CHAPEL (Georgian - 1816 AD to 1816 AD)
- SUNDAY SCHOOL (Victorian - 1876 AD to 1876 AD)
- None recorded
The 1st ed. 25" OS map shows a New Connexion Methodist Chapel on Wilne Road, Great Wilne. (1) The chapel is still in use at the beginning of the 20th century. (2) The New Connexion Methodists have a chapel here [Great Wilne], built in 1816, and enlarged in 1876 by the addition of a Sunday school. (3) Examination of modern maps show that the chapel survives and is most likely to be the building marked 'Chapel Farm' . (4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 808.
- <4> SDR20716 Personal Observation: Shakarian, J (ARS). Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
|Grid reference||Centred SK 4481 3080 (17m by 16m)|
|Civil Parish||SHARDLOW AND GREAT WILNE, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 19 2015 2:55PM