Monument record MDR11823 - Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (site of), Stenson Road, Stenson
Type and Period (1)
- WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1845 AD to 1845 AD)
- None recorded
The 1st ed. 25" OS map c. 1880 shows a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel on Stenson Road, Stenson. (1) The Wesleyans have a small chapel in the village, built 1845. (2) The chapel is still in use at the beginning of the 20th century. (3-4) Examination of modern maps indicate that the chapel has been demolished . (5)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 707.
- <3> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). LVI - 12, 1901.
- <4> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <5> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3269 3007 (12m by 12m)|
|Civil Parish||TWYFORD AND STENSON, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 6 2015 11:28AM