Building record MDR11826 - Primitive Methodist Chapel, Main Road, Brailsford
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1845 AD to 1845 AD)
- None recorded
The 1st ed. 25" OS map c. 1880 shows a small Primitive Methodist Chapel on the Main Road in Brailsford. (1) The chapel was still in use at the beginning of the 20th century. (2, 3) Examination of modern maps indicate that the chapel is still used as a place of worship but that the building has undergone some modern alterations. (4) The Primitive Methodists have a chapel here [Brailsford], erected in 1845. (5) A Primitive Methodist Chapel in Brailsford that has a three-bay front and dates to 1845. (6)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XLIV - 13, 1900.
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20716 Personal Observation: Shakarian, J (ARS). Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
- <5> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 709.
- <6> SDR13425 Bibliographic reference: RCHME (Royal Commission on the Historic Monuments of England). 1986. An Inventory of Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting-houses in Central England - Derbyshire extract. p 36.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2540 4152 (15m by 15m)|
|Civil Parish||BRAILSFORD, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 10 2016 10:55AM