Building record MDR11828 - Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Hulland Village

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

The 1st ed. 25" OS map c. 1880 shows a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel on the main road through Hulland Village. (1) The chapel appears to have been in use at the beginning of the 20th century. (2, 3) Examination of modern maps show that the chapel is now 'Chapel House', a private residence. (4) A Wesleyan Chapel in Hulland built c. 1840 which has a three-bay south front with round arched windows. (5)

Sources/Archives (5)

  • <1> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <2> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XLIV - 1, 1900.
  • <3> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
  • <4> Personal Observation: Shakarian, J (ARS). Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
  • <5> Bibliographic reference: RCHME (Royal Commission on the Historic Monuments of England). 1986. An Inventory of Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting-houses in Central England - Derbyshire extract. p 50.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 2499 4656 (9m by 11m)
Civil Parish HULLAND, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Apr 3 2013 11:51AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.