Building record MDR11835 - Former Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Repton Road, Willington

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

The Wesleyan Methodists have a place of worship in Willington [written in 1857]. (1) The 1st ed. 25" OS map c. 1880 shows a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel on Repton Road, Willington. (2) The chapel is still in use at the beginning of the 20th century. (3-4) Examination of modern maps shows that the building is still standing although its current use is not clear [2009]. (5)

Sources/Archives (4)

  • <2> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <3> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). LIV - 14, 1901.
  • <4> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
  • <5> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 2942 2824 (9m by 11m)
Civil Parish WILLINGTON, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Dec 2 2014 12:35PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.