Monument record MDR11836 - Baptist Chapel (site of), Twyford Road, Willington
Type and Period (1)
- BAPTIST CHAPEL (Elizabethan to Victorian - 1600 AD to 1857 AD?)
- None recorded
The Baptists have a place of worship in Willington [written in 1857]. (1) There is a Baptist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. (2) The chapel remained in use in the early 20th century. (3-4) The chapel has since been demolished and a new one has been built slightly to the north . (5-6)
- <1> SDR19516 Bibliographic reference: White, F & Co.. 1857. History, Gazetteer & Directory of the County of Derby. p 321.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). LIV - 14, 1901.
- <4> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <5> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <6> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 07/10/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2966 2855 (20m by 17m)|
|Civil Parish||WILLINGTON, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 15 2015 5:16PM