Building record MDR11842 - Former Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Scropton Road, Scropton
Type and Period (1)
- WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1861 AD to 1861 AD)
- None recorded
The 1st edition 25" OS map c. 1880 shows a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel on Scropton Road, Scropton. (1) The Wesleyans have a small chapel here [Scropton], built in 1861. (2) The chapel remains in use at the beginning of the 20th century. (3, 4) Examination of modern maps indicate that the building is now 'The Old Chapel', a private residence . (5)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 450.
- <3> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). LIII - 10, 1901.
- <4> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <5> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1975 3008 (7m by 11m)|
|Civil Parish||FOSTON AND SCROPTON, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 30 2016 4:01PM