Building record MDR11848 - Primitive Methodist Chapel, Chapel Lane, Tissington

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

The 1st ed. 25" OS map c. 1880 shows a small Primitive Methodist Chapel, Chapel Lane, Tissington. The chapel has remained in use throughout the 20th century. (1, 2, 3) Examination of modern maps indicate that the chapel has been extended slightly and is still in use as a Methodist Church. (4)

Sources/Archives (4)

  • <1> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <2> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXVIII - 2, 1899.
  • <3> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
  • <4> Personal Observation: Shakarian, J (ARS). Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 1775 5249 (12m by 9m)
Civil Parish TISSINGTON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Jul 3 2009 8:10AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.