Building record MDR11851 - Methodist Chapel, Heathcote, Hartington Nether Quarter
Type and Period (2)
- WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1864 AD to 1864 AD)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1846 AD to 1846 AD)
- None recorded
The 1st ed. 25" OS map c. 1880 shows a small Wesleyan Methodist chapel, by the side of the road in Heathcote, Hartington Nether Quarter. (1) The 2nd ed. OS map c. 1900 indicates that the chapel had been taken over by the Primitive Methodists. (2) By the time of the 3rd ed. OS map c. 1910 the chapel had gone out of use. (3) Examination of modern maps indicate that the building has been extended and is now 'The Chapel', a private residence. (4) There is a small Wesleyan chapel here, built in 1864. (5)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXVII - 16, 1899.
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20716 Personal Observation: Shakarian, J (ARS). Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
- <5> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 325.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1473 6011 (13m by 12m)|
|Civil Parish||HARTINGTON NETHER QUARTER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 3 2009 8:13AM