Building record MDR11852 - Primitive Methodist Chapel, Wood Lane, Ible
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Georgian to Victorian - 1825 AD to 1872 AD)
- None recorded
The 1st ed. 25" OS map c. 1880 shows a Primitive Methodist Chapel on Wood Lane, Ible. (1) The chapel was still in use at the start of the 20th century. (2, 3) Examination of modern maps indicate that the building is now 'Long Close', a private residence. (4) There is a Primitive Methodist chapel here, built in 1825. (5) The Primitive Methodist Chapel in Ible is basically a 19th century chapel but was refitted in 1872. (6)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXIV - 5, 1899.
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20716 Personal Observation: Shakarian, J (ARS). Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
- <5> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 437.
- <6> SDR13425 Bibliographic reference: RCHME (Royal Commission on the Historic Monuments of England). 1986. An Inventory of Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting-houses in Central England - Derbyshire extract. p 50.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2498 5704 (10m by 9m)|
|Civil Parish||IBLE, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 15 2014 10:17AM