Building record MDR11855 - Wesleyan Reform Chapel, East Bank, Winster

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

The 1st ed. 25" OS map c. 1880 shows a small Wesleyan Reform Chapel, East Bank, Winster. (1) The chapel was still in use at the beginning of the 20th century. (2, 3) Examination of modern maps indicate that the building is still in use as a place of worship. (4) The Wesleyan Reform Chapel in Winster is dated to 1852 and is part of a continuous terrace of houses. (5)

Sources/Archives (5)

  • <1> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <2> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXVIII - 16, 1899.
  • <3> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
  • <4> Personal Observation: Shakarian, J (ARS). Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
  • <5> Bibliographic reference: RCHME (Royal Commission on the Historic Monuments of England). 1986. An Inventory of Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting-houses in Central England - Derbyshire extract. p 57.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 2415 6048 (6m by 8m)
Civil Parish WINSTER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Jul 3 2009 8:29AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.