Building record MDR11858 - Field Barn (remains of), Dunsley Mill Meadows, Cromford
Type and Period (1)
- FIELD BARN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- World Heritage Site Buffer Zone
A ruinous building, orientated north-east to south-west, measuring 10m by 5.3m and standing to 4.5m high, was identified at SK 2844 5737 during survey in 2008. The roof is lost and there are openings in the walls which suggest the operation of machinery. The building is probably a workplace rather than a domestic dwelling due to its open floor layout. (1) The building is shown on a late 19th century OS map. (2) The barn was surveyed in May 2016 as part of the DerwentWISE Field Barn Project. (3)
- <1> SDR20660 Unpublished document: Jurecki, K (ARCUS). 2008. Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site Landscape Project: Cromford and Belper Survey Transects. Level 1 Survey.. C4/3.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXIV-6, 1898.
- <3> SDR23775 Unpublished document: Earp, Adrian. 2016. MDR11858 DerwentWISE Field Barn Survey Sheet AE 7.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2844 5736 (8m by 11m)|
|Civil Parish||CROMFORD, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM