Building record MDR11866 - Primitive Methodist Chapel, Main Road, Flagg
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1883 AD to 1883 AD)
- None recorded
The 1st ed. 25" OS map c. 1880 shows a Primitive Methodist Chapel, Main Road, Flagg. (1) The chapel was rebuilt at the start of the 20th century. (2, 3) Examination of modern maps indicate that the building is still in use as a place of worship. (4) The Unitarians and the Primitives have commodious chapels. That belonging to the latter sect was rebuilt in 1883 at a cost of £340. (5)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXII - 12, 1898.
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20716 Personal Observation: Shakarian, J (ARS). Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
- <5> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 339.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1362 6835 (14m by 14m)|
|Civil Parish||FLAGG, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 2 2009 11:34AM