Building record MDR11873 - Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Fountain Square, Tideswell
Type and Period (1)
- WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1888 AD to 1888 AD)
- None recorded
The 1st ed. 25" OS map c. 1880 shows a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel on the High Street, Tideswell. (1) The chapel had been extended or rebuilt by the time of the 2nd ed. OS map c. 1900 and extended again to its current size by the 3rd ed. OS map c. 1910. (2, 3) Examination of modern maps indicate that the building is still in use as a Methodist Church. (4) The Wesleyan Methodist chapel is a neat Gothic structure, erected, in 1888, at a cost of £1,060, exclusive of the site. The interior is fitted with pitchpine benches to accommodate 270. (5)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XVI - 9, 1898.
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20716 Personal Observation: Shakarian, J (ARS). Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
- <5> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 479.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1509 7558 (30m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||TIDESWELL, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 29 2016 10:20AM