Building record MDR11875 - Congregational Chapel, Park Road, Tideswell
Type and Period (1)
- CONGREGATIONAL CHAPEL (Victorian - 1888 AD to 1888 AD)
- None recorded
The 2nd ed. 25" OS map c. 1900 shows a large Congregational Chapel on Ash Lane (now Park Road), Tideswell. (1) The chapel is marked as in use on the 3rd ed. OS map c. 1910. (2) Examination of modern maps indicate that the building is still in use as a church. (3) The Congregational Chapel was built in 1888, at a cost of £1, 050. The style is Gothic, and the interior fittings are all pitchpine. (4)
- <1> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XVI - 9, 1898.
- <2> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR20716 Personal Observation: Shakarian, J (ARS). Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
- <4> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 478.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1509 7571 (12m by 22m)|
|Civil Parish||TIDESWELL, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 29 2016 10:21AM